Friday, August 6, 2010

I love Jesus. I miss Him. I need more.

I've found myself mulling over what Jesus looks like, imagining that day when I can finally be with Him. But tonight was different, it went beyond that for me- way beyond that. I was driving home from Molly's, listening (and by listening I mean singing at the top of my lungs while envisioning it all) to the song
Invisible Love

Band email marketing

(number 5)



which starts out
If my arms could reach you, I would never let you go...
and later has a verse:
Someday there will be no time to mind
I will be your long awaited bride
We will dance away the night
I was overcome with such longing in my heart. This DEEP place within me YEARNED for Jesus. It felt almost as if my soul became deeply aware that I've been with Jesus, fully completely, He and I. That we've known each other intimately, in and out. But now misses Him- SO MUCH. Like lovers unable to fully share their affection with each other with an ocean between them. I LONG FOR HIM. Almost to a point where it physically aches in my chest. So I tear up as desire to be with my love increases.

And then my eyes start burning as if I'm cutting onions, and I can only hold one eye somewhat more open than the closed eye at a time. So I ask Jesus for help, and then pull over to cry for a bit. Back on the road I couldn't shake this. I MISS HIM SO MUCH! And just desire to be closer to Him, in a way I've never experienced before.

I pull into the driveway and see that my neighbor's are having a bonfire. And although I've never joined them before, and I wasn't invited, I felt the Lord leading me to join them. So. I did. The neighbor boy, Luke, was playing the guitar with his dad. I asked him if he knew any worship songs. As he played the first song, I was covered with goosebumps, even my face was crawling. Something was happening, shifting, shaking. We continued to sing unto the Lord together- Luke, his dad and I. It was so precious, so powerful, I love Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment