Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Empty Handed, Full Hearted

I{m not quite sure i can fully identify with Abraham.. taking his SON to be a sacrifice. What a HARD and difficult journey that must have been up the mountain.

I take a look at the petty things that i had held onto so tightly. When God asks for them my face flushes, my palms sweat, my kneews shake... but I carry it (sometimes slowly) to the alter.

Each time the alter looks different... sometimes a fire, sometimes a grave i{ve had to dig myself, but last night it was a person...

Seeing his face and hearing his astonished and almost unbelief filled ¨GOD IS STARTING TO ANSWER MY PRAYERS¨ makes the sacrifice and walking away empty handed so worth it.

I walk away empty handed, but will a heart that is filled.

image source

No comments:

Post a Comment