Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Creation

I almost forgot to write about one of the most remarkable things that I have ever experienced in my life! It took place as I was walking in Downtown San Jose, after spending the night at my good friend (more like a sister) Cinthia’s house. That morning as I had woken up to a vision of a pair of crutches – it was a two part vision- part for me, and part for one of my friend. So naturally as I caught glimpse of a man sitting on the curbside with a pair of crutches, I was captivated. I couldn’t take my gaze off of him.

This man appeared as though he carried the weight of the world in the wrinkles of his face. He asked me for money. I asked him if I could sit with him. He said yes, and as I sat down- I saw many pair of eyes look at me with curiosity in their gaze. It was as if with their glances they were asking- why would she sit on the ground with HIM… but I enjoy the people of the streets- sometimes more than others- (have to keep my heart in check sometimes)


I asked this man if I could heal his leg. He lifted his pant leg and showed me that he had been shot in the knee, it was bandaged, and shorter than the other one. As I spoke healing to his leg, God showed me that he was holding bitterness in his heart against his brother. When I asked him if this was true, he said yes that his *@$% brother had left him to fend for his own on the streets after their mother died. That every day he passes him on the street and doesn’t greet him (this is huge for a latin American country as greetings are very much part of the culture). To this I shared about the forgiveness, how Jesus extends it to us, and invites us to do the same to others. He received it, asked Jesus for forgiveness, and forgave his brother.


I saw this weight lift off of him, and began again to speak healing to his leg. Then he started laughing and looking up at me he exclaimed “IT’S GROWING! IT’S GROWING.” This man’s leg grew out a good 6 inches, but had about 3 inches left to grow. I asked God to heal him 100% but God said that he had more to do over the course of several days. I shared this with the man, and told him not to believe anything that the enemy brings, and after explaining that the enemy is he who comes to condemn, cast guilt and shame, steal, kill, and destroy- I told him not to stand for it, to say no- In Jesus I am a new creation. He continued to exclaim as joy radiated from his face “I AM A NEW CREATION! I AM A NEW CREATION!”

No comments:

Post a Comment