Friday, August 7, 2009

Singing a New Song

A couple weeks ago, my little buddy Caleb (age 5) asked me a very simple question. But it sparked very profound moment of introspection... This little boy placed his hand over my mouth and asked "Why do you sing all the time?"

I responded with, "Because God has restored my joy"

God is SO good.

I don't know if most of you know this or not but I had struggled with depression, and suicidal thoughts, self-mutilation and the like for 7 years of my life. It was a time plagued of despair.

BUT God is SO GOOD.

He has changed my despair into JOY. This Joy that I just CAN'T CONTAIN- so I sing. all the time. everywhere. anywhere (yes even on the toilet). It is amazing. I just feel so free, and not only songs that I know but Spontaneous Songs lifted toward the heavens proclaiming the things of God's kingdom on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment