Friday, June 19, 2009

Day with the Bedenkop family :)

I hopped in a taxi and headed to the YWAM base for worship. I got dropped off at the wrong house, so I had to walk and figure out where the other house was. I finally arrived, but was stuck outside of the gate. I clanked on the gate with my ring for ten minutes, and then I started to sing. As I did, a guy with shaving cream all over his face popped his head out the window and then opened the gate for me. I joined in on some awesome worship – God was there. It was amazing- I sang in a way that I had never sang in my life- it was amazing.

On my way to the other house I ran into Ryan and Sarah, who swooped me off to the US embasy with them. We caught up with everything that God has been doing in us while we waited in lines. There was a time when they went up to the teller window and a song just burst forth from within me. I sang and sang and sang – unashamedly in love with the one whom I sang to. And then I felt like my presence in that room, my singing was really important to the spiritual condition and justice of that place. It was very strange but very neat at the same time.

We went out to eat. I had a casado con pescado and then we went to their house to show it to me and keep talking. We talked all afternoon, and into the evening. My fever was catching up to me, and they finally brought me home, but not before covering me in prayer. They are such a sweet family and I can´t wait to be able to spend more time with them in the coming year.

I woke up from sleep ON FIRE so fever filled that it physically hurt. My eyes were burning my feet everything. I broke down crying because on top of that I had diarrea that BURNED. It was horrible. My mom gave me medicine, and just being in her room talking with them, I felt better. Unbeknownst to her, she spoke a word of confirmation that I needed to decide the next year of my life (more of this to come later)

No comments:

Post a Comment