Friday, June 26, 2009

Tilaran

We woke up super early to say goodbye to my mom and Kris, and hit the road with my cousin Joe, my uncle Jorge Luis, my dad, and my sister. We drove some 4-5 hours stopping once along the way to eat breakfast on the beach in Puntarenas. (Pictured is me eating a "granizado""Churchill" "Copo" its made of shaved ice, falvored syrup, powdered milk, and condenesd milk- this one always I had another casado con pescado. We had some very INTERESTING experiences with the people looking for money on the beach. We made it to the little town of Tilaran in Guanacaste and met up with my cousin Sisgo. He works at the ICE (the only telephone company in Costa Rica) he came up with some crazy plan for the land for harvesting energy, so he’s putting it into practice. We went to go see the windmills up the mountain a ways, and had a fun time checking them out and taking pictures. We left fairly quickly and started home on a way that would go around the lagoon, and in front of Volcano Arenal (the volcano that showed in Spy Kids) we saw some AMAZING views on the way home. I slept the whole way home, it was a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment