Monday, June 8, 2009

Farmer's Market

Today I woke up early again to spend time with the one my soul loves, I just can’t get enough. It’s like In the Song of Songs where the bride says

“Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce s the grave, its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house he would be utterly despised.” (8:6-7)

My aunt Ailena took Ruth (Joanna’s mom), Joanna, my mom, Santi, and I to the farmers market. I LOVED it, I hadn’t been there in a looong time. I bought Joanna a pipa, so she could try it. We drank them, and they were SO GOOD!

We came home and ate pejiballes YUM!

Lisa, her husband Peter, and her daughters, Bekah, Hannah, and Ruthie, should be arriving any minute now from the airport

I took a nap. And then 6 of us PILED into the back of my cousin Douglas’s car. Everyone in the back seat had someone on their lap. Welcome to transportation in Costa Rica. Below only depicts half of the people in the car...

We got to Douglas’s house (who is Hannah’s brother for those of you who have met her) They had opened the full door (which is a garage door that leads into the living room) the place was FULL of people my family and the Nygards who had just arrived. Trinidad y Tobago. If we would win against Trinidad we would earn 3 of the 17 points that we need to make it to the world cup. We currently have 9 point, with this win we’d have 12 points, only 5 away from securing a place in South Africa.

After an AMAZING WIN on Trinidad’s turf, we went home, and I had a talk with Joanna and Kristoffer. They have been dating for a month, but neither of them are allowed to date until they are 16 years old. SO I explained to them the spiritual position that they are putting not only themselves in, but the whole team, in their disobedience. I explained to them that living in disobedience is giving a doorway for the enemy to enter in and do his thing. I explained that in considering what they want out of this trip that they had three options 1) call it off for the couple of weeks they are here 2) wait until they are 16 3) share where they are at in their disobedience, and present it to their parents for their input.

They went with the 3rd. So we gathered around the kitchen table Joanna started to explain her understanding and the gravity of disobedience, and Kris quickly and quietly interrupted her “Joanna and I are going out” After much discussion, tears, and the like, the rule for 16 still holds. Joanna said that she was willing to wait, because he was worth it, and Kris agreed.

What Kris did around that kitchen table, I think he has NO IDEA of how INCREDIBLY HUGE that was. He confessed a hidden sin. Deception runs deep in our family, especially among the men. Stories of infidelity and kids sneaking around behind their parents back with sex, drugs, and alcohol is a big problem. Kris, being the first born son, of the last born son bringing this out of the darkness is a BIG DEAL. I got this picture of him and light just radiated out of him, touching generations past, present, and future. WOAH…. God’s got BIG STUFF for this guy.

I love tearing down territorial/generational strongholds, and seeing the kingdom of darkness lose control. This is one of my favorite things to be involved in…. FREEDOM woooohoooo!

I later found out that in the house in the back (on the same property) unbeknownst to each other, my cousin Ariel (aka Jeiko) was doing the same thing. He was going before his dad (Tio Juan Carlos) and telling him that he had a tattoo down his ribcage of his mom’s name (Lidieth) in Japanese Kanga. This was a BIG deal for him too. His older brother had gotten a tattoo on his arm once, and his dad took a scotch brite iron wool and scrubbed it out of his skin (tattoos aren’t viewed well here- they are associated with drugs and gangs) So, this last born son of the firstborn son was bringing light into the house next door.

JESUS BRING MORE LIGHT! TEAR DOWN ANY AND EVERY DEMONIC STRONGHOLD IN MY FAMILY. DECEPTION HAS NO PLACE HERE. THIS IS A PLACE OF TRUTH, RECOGNIZING THAT JESUS ALONE IS TRUTH. COME HOLY SPIRIT HAVE YOUR WAY WITH US.

No comments:

Post a Comment