Friday, June 19, 2009

San Rafael again

The Nygards took off, it was really sad to see them leave. But VERY ENCOURAGING to see all that they were able to experience of my culture, all that they learned, all that they grew in the short time that they were here.

Gabby, my mom and I grabbed a bus to Heredia. As we waited in line I saw a really cute guy in red plaid skinny pants, a green grinch hat, and a pierced septum. I saw that he was an Atheist, as one of the patches on his bag read ¨without God¨ And then everything incide of me started burning. I couldn´t hola back, I HAD to aske him why he didn´t believe in God. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn´t so i climed over my mom and sat next to him. I asked, and I listened. I don´t think that I needed to say anything, but I did. It was more important to listen than to try to prove my points to him. I love him, I can´t explain it. But I am moved by compasión to care about him, what he thinks during those few precious moments that we had on the bus. I didn´t preach to him the gospel, he probably knows more Bible than I. I just listened. GOD REVEAL YOURSELF TO ALEJANDRO, HE NEEDS YOU, EVEN THOUGH HE THINKS HE DOESN´T PLEASE HOLY SPIRIT MOVE HIM, TOUCH HIM IN A WAY SO DEEP SO PERSONAL THAT THERE WOULD BE NO DOUBT THAT HE HAS A FATHER WHO LOVES HIM.

We spent the whole morning at my mom´s friend Betty´s house. And then the whole afternoon at Marco´s family´s house. Then I went to Nacho´s. His grandma let me in his house, so I went into his kitchen and scared him, it was great. We walked together toward Ademar´s and Josue´s houses. I found out that Josué wasn´t home so I decided not to check to see if Ademar was there.

This guy walked passed me, and he didn´t take his eyes off of me. Not in a creepy, checking me out sort of a way, but a child’like curiousity. I just stared back to see if anything would happen. Then Nacho shouted in my ear, and I jumped like three feet. The old man started talking about how I could have ended up dead with a scare like that, then this other old man came up behind me. I took a step back so that I could see them at the same time, and the first man told me that he was drunk and that he was looking for Money for more guaro. The second guy told him that he had some, but the first told him to save it for an emergency and went on his way…. It was so wierd….. JESUS, WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

I talked with Ademar on the phone. It was quite interesting. He told me that I never really know him, which REALLY hurt. It wasn´t like I hadn´t tried, he just didn´t let me in. I broke down in tears at the thought of how many other freinds don´t I know. And what happens if I´m in a relationship and end up marrying someone I don´t know- it scared me… He told me that although he doesn´t believe in exes being freinds he´d give it a try. So he opened up, shared the pains of his past, his struggle with depresión and suicidal thoughts, how he came out of it. I shared with him how after seven and a half years he was the one that by the grace of God had helped me start to step out of my depresión. He shared that we spent some really good time together and he doesn´t regret any of it (even though a year ago he told me he wished he had never met me) It seemed as though we were off to something really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment