Monday, June 29, 2009

El Alfarero

I arrived at the base to translate in Heredia. The first night was kind of awkward, I didn’t really know what was going on, but unpacked my things and settled in a bit. It was really different and intimidating to be at the base not knowing anyone. But God is so good, he allowed for one of my friends that I had made in 07 be there, it was just a point of comfort in transition, so that I would feel more ubicada.

I woke up at 4:30 the next day! God woke me up 2 hours before my alarm- but it was just enough time to type of my dreams from the night before, go on a nice praiseful run, spend some sweet time with him, and shower before breakfast. AMAZING, GOD WHAT A TREAT TO START MY MORNING WITH YOU

On top of that I was totally lost in worship today and it was so amazing to be able to be so near so saturated with the presence of God. I had prayed that God would help me for it to be just He and I, so that I wouldn’t worry about how other people thought of me, and just do it for Him. And that is EXACTLY how it was. Before the worship leader had started I was already lost from this world and totally experiencing Him. It was simply INCREDIBLE…

I had the opportunity to join with a DTS coming from Colorado to translate during their time of ministry. We went to a place called El Alfarero, meaning “The Potter” It’s a drug rehab center for men. The time that we spent with these men was BEYOND BELIEF. At first they played soccer and as I watched I prayed for them, and God showed me His heart for them in this beautiful vision.

There was a time of sharing and each of the young men shared their testimonies, and it was so INTENSE. Walls were coming down, and people’s faith was being encouraged by their brother’s testimonies. It was so REMARKABLE to be a part of as a translator. I was also able to share the vision, and they were really encouraged by what God’s heart was for them. The DTS leader prayed a POWERFUL prayer that I could feel in my spirit came straight from the heart of God WOAH! POWERFUL STUFF

I feel like my heart GREW in capacity to love and in COMPASSION for these men, and for all of God’s beloved –in just the few short hours we spent with them.

JESUS BLESS THEM, REVEAL YOURSELF MORE AND MORE TO THEM. FATHER, I ASK FOR MORE OF YOUR SPIRIT, MORE OF YOU IN THEIR LIVES. FATHER, I ASK FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW IN LOVE AND COMPASSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment